Assistant Finance Manager
Responsible to: Managing Director
Reports to: Finance Manager
Base: Head Office, Florencecourt
The Assistant Finance Manager will be responsible for supporting the Finance Manager to ensure the delivery of the finance management function across both Greentown Companies.
The post holder will support the Finance Manager to:
- preparate financial statements and year-end accounts.
- formulate Profit and Loss Reports, across all Divisions and services of both Greentown Companies, ensuring that the information provided to the Managing Director and Corporate Management Team is accurate and up to date, to inform business decisions in line with the Financial Performance Structure.
- manage the audit process and deal with any queries, bringing any issues of concern to the attention of the Finance Manager at the earliest opportunity.
- undertake the weekly reconciliation of all Bank Accounts relating to both Greentown companies, working closely with the Office Manager and Finance Officers.
- manage the closure of the monthly accounts by the 5th day of the following month, for both Greentown companies.
- develop the annual operating budget, ensuring regular review of expenditure throughout the year, taking any action necessary to bring expenditure into line with agreed budgets.
- support the work of both Greentown businesses through the production of financial management information and reports to help inform and drive productivity and profitability.
- in the timely and accurate preparation of VAT Returns in both NI and ROI.
- provide information to HMRC as required from time to time.
- record monthly cash flow position for both Greentown companies, for scrutiny by the Managing Director and wider Corporate Management Team.
- oversee the Sage information system, work closely with the Office Manager and Finance Team to ensure that there is accurate and up-to-date coding and information is maintained in order to support full financial analysis.
- formulate Business Cases for new initiative and service developments, liaising a range of senior managers of both Greentown Companies.
- develop and maintain IT and other systems to support the financial management of both Greentown Companies.
- produce and maintain bad debt reports and prepare reports on current position to the Corporate Management Team.
- deputise for the Finance Manager at a range of internal forums as required.
The post holder may be asked to undertake any other duties not contained in this Job Description, but which are relevant with the position held.